When it comes to running a successful and profitable aesthetic medical practice, you need people with seasoned aesthetic medical practice management experience to help you make good business decisions and set you up for long-term success. As a previous owner and administrator for one of South Florida’s top, multi-million dollar dermatology and plastic surgery practices, our CEO and Founder, Jay Shorr, has taken his knowledge and first-hand experience to coach aesthetic medical practices like yours in becoming strong, profitable and operating successfully.
When you work with Jay and our team of experts, who also either have first-hand experience owning/managing an aesthetic practice or years of industry experience, we coach you and your staff one-on-one on our famous 12-month timeline. Every quarter we work together is intentional in strengthening your operational, administrative and financial areas. The pinnacle of our work together is making sure you continue to increase efficiency, increase revenue and decrease costs.
The Shorr Solution Approach
Transform & Redefine
Optimize & Enhance
Grow & Endure
Every Shorr Solutions engagement begins with our proprietary Shorr Audit, uniquely designed to give us and your team a clear path forward – pinpointing your strengths and opportunities from Day 1.
Based on the unique profile and priorities we develop with our audit, we then execute our proven “Operations 180” methodology, where together we will:
- Establish and refine your practice’s protocols – creating a cohesive, aligned team that operates smoothly without micromanagement
- Analyze your marketing – from social media and website usage, to print collateral and in-practice materials
- Gain a clear understanding of your financials with an initial profit and loss analysis
- Review your existing contracts to discover savings potential and opportunities to maximize your vendor relationships
- Observe and coach your team on phone handling best practices ensuring no lead is lost
- Coach your team to success with biweekly one-on-one coaching calls
With a firm foundation in place, Shorr Solutions will work closely alongside your practice team to enhance and redefine every facet of your business growth. As practice owners ourselves, there is no task too large, too small, too routine, or too out-of-the-ordinary for our experts to assist and find the perfect solution for medical practices of all sizes and types.
In the Transform phase of your Shorr Solutions engagement, you can look forward to:
- Maximizing your practice’s savings potential – including finding new sources for partners with our vetted merchant processing affiliates to financing and materials vendors
- Empowering your team to attract, convert, and retain more patients – with complimentary access to our step-by-step sales funnel training: the Conversion Cascade online course ($399 value!)
- Safeguarding your financials through the year with a quarterly profit and loss analysis
- Building a team of “A Players” by reviewing your hiring needs and providing strong HR management assistance to handle the myriad of HR issues that can affect your practice
- Continuing to observe and coach your team on phone handling best practices ensuring no lead is lost
- Reviewing marketing results with bi-weekly sessions on expanding your channels and enhancing your collateral
- Coaching your team to success with biweekly one-on-one coaching calls
Excellence is not a one-time event, but an ongoing process. In Phase 3 of your Shorr Solutions engagement, we elevate standards across your practice and leverage the metrics of our existing success. Empowered with this data, we ensure long-term success in all areas of your practice.
In this key phase, you can rely on Shorr Solutions for:
- Mapping the course for ongoing success – with long-term growth planning based on decades of experience as practice owners
- Compelling marketing for every season – with continued support and insight into your promotions, key treatments/procedures, and messaging through the entire year
- Continuing to observe and coach your team on phone handling best practices – ensuring no lead is lost
- Keeping your team aligned and thriving – with an ongoing evaluation of conversion rates to address and mitigate any inconsistencies
- Coaching your team to success with biweekly one-on-one coaching calls
In the pinnacle of our “Operations 180” process, we will ensure your practice has the tools, insights, and best practices to realize consistent growth, year after year.
Bringing the wealth of our tools and training together, in the Grow & Endure phase of your Shorr Solutions engagement, your practice will benefit from:
- A long-term growth plan – a clear path forward for the next 12 months after our year together, based on the results and metrics
- A sequential, priority-focused action guide – Providing each member of your team with clear responsibilities for the 12 months ahead
- Coaching your team to success with biweekly one-on-one coaching calls, customized to your ongoing needs inside your practice
Shorr Solutions guides your existing team in the right direction when it comes to your operational, administrative and financial health. We don’t take the place of your existing staff, and ultimately strengthen your bottom line. We always sign a non-disclosure with our clients to protect your data, and work well with your other consultants, including your public relations firm, website design firm, SEO company, lawyer and accountant, for example.
Retail sales can gross up to 25% of your aesthetic practice’s revenue! Selling retail is a significant way to increase revenue in your practice and it is often a MISSED opportunity! To encourage your employees to sell retail, it is crucial that your staff is properly educated on all retail products available in your aesthetic practice and they understand the steps of an effective sales pitch. Does your team need help with their sales skills and closing the sale, check out our Conversion Cascade Online course! In addition to this, seeing sales as “I will solve X amount of problems” helps you serve the client authentically and removes stresses of being “salesy”. Lastly, have all your team members sample all products relevant to their skin type (they’ll be able to refer them better!) and create a tiered all-team skincare bonus structure to help incentivize your team to sell retail. Learn more about how we can coach you in boosting revenue and increasing profits in your aesthetic practice HERE!
It’s important to meet with your website vendor at least once per month. During the meeting with your vendor, the monthly website analytics/metrics such as how many new visitors, bounce back rate, average time spent, top visited pages, keyword positioning, etc. should be reviewed. A plan along with the next steps should be put in place to ensure that the website’s performance keeps growing and improving. In addition, identifying your top treatments/procedures and providing this list to the website and SEO team so that related keywords can be created and placed throughout the website is imperative to driving the correct organic traffic to your website and acquiring patients! Learn more about how we can provide you one-on-one coaching to strengthen and improve your aesthetic practice HERE!
Real Client Stories
“Jay and Mara Shorr helped me out when I needed it the most. I would not be where I am today without them. I have seen firsthand how they can help you save millions and make millions of dollars in your practice. Working with Shorr Solutions is one of the best decisions I have made in my practice. Thank you Mara and Jay, you will always have my trust!”
“The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines the word superlative as an adjective used “to indicate the greatest degree of a particular quality.” When I think of this word, I think of Shorr Solutions. It is my great pleasure to recommend Shorr Solutions. Jay and Mara Shorr have served as my business consultants for over five years and have proven to be invaluable. I first met Jay and Mara at a training course they organized at a national conference. They regularly speak at national and international conferences and write for many prestigious journals. Jay and Mara provide a wealth of insight and knowledge to help with the business and marketing aspects of my medical practice. Jay and Mara taught me things I never learned in medical school, but are critical to running a successful practice, such as how to deal with difficult patients, how to get patients in the door by appropriate marketing, providing financing options for patients, helping with medical waste disposal, providing discounts on conference registration, how to recruit and train exceptional staff, and much more. They provide a variety of services including negotiating the best deals on purchasing and maintaining capital equipment, providing legal advice, preparing an employee handbook, preparing letters for patients, avoiding litigation, applying for financing for medical space, and much more. Overall, they have saved me much more money than I have invested in them. They have undoubtedly been an asset to my practice.”
“Working with Shorr Solutions has been the best business decision I made. They are a group of professionals characterized by their knowledge and integrity when it comes to the business of healthcare. They are very respectful and protective of their clients, with great negotiation skills. Jay and Mara have put together a team that is instrumental not only in the setting up of a practice but as an ongoing consulting firm, that takes off your shoulders the burdens of negotiating, hiring, firing and providing mentoring, as well as a different perspective on the day to day running of a practice.”
“Thank you for all the hard work….the turn around in the office, in basically every consideration, has been impressive. Thank you both for helping me gather together a good crew. My team has commented to me at least twice now how much different and better things are in terms of morale, getting projects done, patient flow, and patient volume.”
“We appreciate the assistance you both have provided over the past 2 years. When we started our relationship, we asked that we be “taught how to fish” as opposed to being given a fish directly. While we continue to learn and grow, you have certainly accomplished that task… We thank you both for all your assistance and guidance over the past 2 years, and will certainly not hesitate to recommend you both to those in need.”
“Very responsive and heavily armed with vast knowledge of best surgical practices and practical application to everyday management! Highly recommend to new practice managers! Jay and his team can save you countless hours of research and paperwork.”
“This professional, experienced team has helped me turn my practice from ‘figuring it out as we go’ to a proactive state of a medical spa. With decades of experience in aesthetic medicine, they have revamped my human resources, telephone system, and recordkeeping in a simple way. I recommend Shorr Solutions hands down!”
“I have been a client of Shorr Solutions for several years. Jay, Mara and Ana are a pleasure to work with. I feel more like family than a client. They have been incredibly helpful to me and my practice with regard to management and increasing productivity. They are on top of any issue that arises and take a hands on approach. It has been a real pleasure being connected to Shorr Solutions and I would highly recommend them to anyone running a medical practice.”
“This is my first year using Shorr Solutions as consultants. I had one agenda when I hired them in November, but then COVID-19 changed everything, and they were able to rapidly shift priorities. They helped me obtain deferments on some of my laser leases, including from one company that was refusing to defer. They were also instrumental in helping understand, obtain, and get forgiveness on the PPP loan, and other grants from the government. If I didn’t have them, I’m not sure I could have gotten the PPP loan that helped my 16-year-old business survive.”
“We loved working with Mara and Jay! They are both very professional and helpful in all aspects of our practice. They quickly became not only part of our team, but part of our Pierini Family.”