Top 3 Negotiating Tips
We find that many of our clients have fallen into a common trap: a poorly negotiated contract. A poorly negotiated deal will work against you whether it’s for a lease, laser, software, or skincare products.
In order to avoid the damage a poorly negotiated contract can bring, always keep in mind the following three things:
- Make sure the details are written out ahead of time in the contract. Also, make sure you ask for more than what is brought to the table. For example, with vendors, it is best to spell things out. These are samples, financing, rebates, details of returning products, cooperative advertising, shipping/handling, and more.
- Do your due diligence. This includes not only knowing the level of authority you’re dealing with but the facts behind your requests. When it comes to a strong negotiation, the more facts you bring, the more power you have. Know that facts will always beat opinion, so facts are key.
- Don’t be afraid to walk away from the deal. If you’re not able to secure exactly what makes sense for you, move on. Be sure to let the other party know that.
For more information on what you can negotiate, check out these articles from our founder, Jay Shorr:
- Click Here in “How to Negotiate with Vendors” in Skin Inc. magazine
- Tap Here in “What to Negotiate” in MedEsthetics magazine (a key article for anyone looking to sign new equipment or leasing space)
- Look Here in “Top 6 Negotiating Tips” in Plastic Surgery Practice magazine
And remember, we’re always happy to help you with your negotiation needs!
Ready to get started and ignite your aesthetic practice’s growth?Schedule Free Consult
About Shorr Solutions:
Shorr Solutions is an award-winning practice management consulting company with offices in South and Central Florida. We work with aesthetic medical practices in all 50 states of the U.S. to help them strengthen the operational, financial, and administrative health of their business. With decades of industry experience, our father-daughter partners, Jay Shorr and Mara Shorr, lead our knowledgeable team of experts to assist practices in the aesthetic medical fields increase efficiency, increase revenue, and decrease their costs.
We let you focus on what you LOVE to do: practice medicine.Learn About Our Services